Through expert surgical techniques and nearly undetectable incisions, endoscopic brow lift performed by Dr. O’Brien can erase the furrows and frown lines that make you look tired, angry or confused. Repositioning of hooded or low brows allows for a more natural, youthful and restored appearance. Brow lift surgery results in an appearance that looks vibrant, happy and youthful. Nothing looks pulled, artificial or overdone and your hairline remains unchanged.
What is an endoscopic brow lift?
A brow lift improves expression lines of the brow and forehead. It also improves a hooded brow and repositions low set brows.
Several short incisions of 1 cm are hidden within the scalp through which an endoscope (a special surgical instrument) is used to release and reposition your eyebrows back up to a normal proportional area on your forehead.
Short incisions within the hairline at the temples or within the natural crease of the upper eyelid may also improve the appearance of a hooded brow or frown lines.
Am I a candidate for brow lift surgery?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. These factors generally define good candidates for endoscopic brow lift procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery.
- You understand what an endoscopic brow lift procedure can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of an endoscopic brow lift procedure and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally stable and secure.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by an endoscopic brow lift procedure.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
How long is recovery from a brow lift?
Brow lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. Recovery ranges from a few days to one week. It also may take several weeks for you to see full results as swelling subsides and tissues heal. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from your procedure.