Visiting St. Petersburg
If you are traveling a distance to St. Petersburg for a procedure or treatment, you will want to find a comfortable nearby hotel to stay at and possibly fit in some leisure time as well. Here at St. Petersburg Center for Plastic Surgery, we want to ensure that your treatment experience as well as your journey to St. Petersburg is a pleasant one. St. Petersburg is a beautiful city on the gulf coast of Florida, nicknamed the “sunshine city” because of its pleasant weather. You will find a variety of sport, leisure, and cultural activities here — making it a city for everyone!
How to Get Here
Our St. Petersburg location is conveniently located within 30 minutes of three airports:
- St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport – PIE is conveniently located a short 25-minute drive from our office. St. Pete-Clearwater airport offers a variety of non-stop flights around the United States and Canada via Allegiant, Sun Country, and Sunwing Airlines.
- Albert Whitted Airport – a 20-minute drive from our offices providing regional flights via Tropic Ocean Airways.
- Tampa International Airport – TPA is located 30 minutes away via the Howard Frankland Bridge going across Tampa Bay. Out of the three airports, TPA offers the most airline and flight options.
Where to Stay
There are a variety of hotels all within 25 minutes of the practice. Here are a few that we would recommend for a comfortable stay:
- DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton Hotel Tampa Bay – North Redington Beach, 17120 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708
- Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach – 601 American Legion Drive Madeira Beach Florida 33708 USA
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites – 12000 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706; for a more luxurious stay, Sunset Vistas is a beachfront resort located on Treasure Island in the heart of the Clearwater and St. Pete Beach resort area.
What to Do
- Arts & Culture – The famous Dali Museum in the area is a big draw for surrealism art lovers, but if that’s not your cup of tea, you may like the Morean Art’s Center collection of colorful glass work.
- Attractions – The St. Petersburg area is home to some of Florida’s top beaches such as Clearwater Beach and St. Pete Beach. Take some time to relax post-procedure on any of these beaches, but don’t forget your sun hat and SPF! For other nature attractions, The Sunken Gardens, Boyd Hill Nature Preserve and Wheedon Island Preserves are all worth a visit.
- Shopping – For some retail therapy, check out the shops in downtown St. Pete or the shops in John’s Pass.
- Sport – If you or your travel companions are looking for something a little more active to do during your stay, the gorgeous St. Petersburg weather allows for a great game of golf and boating and sporting events to fill your leisure time during all four seasons.